Monday, February 10, 2014

Meal Planning: Feb 3rd -16th

My Fridge - Feb 10th





















I'm trying something new.  Well, I've been doing it (unsuccessfully) for a few rounds.  I'm trying to grocery shop for two weeks at a time.  The last few rounds have not gone so well - I keep having to run to the store because I forgot something or I didn't account for dessert night, etc. 

Well, this time I want to do it right!  Our new buying club operates on an every other week buying cycle so it seems like this could work.  Last week, I sat down and planned all our dinners, dessert nights, extras (bake sale, birthday dinner, valentine's day, baked goods for breakfast, etc.).  It hurt my head a bit. 

Here's THE PLAN:

M: Nachos (chips, refried beans from a can, black olives, cheese, sour cream, salsa)
T: Homemade Macaroni and Cheese for the little girl and Dad while my son and I were at the Mall of America for LEGO night (he and I ate at Noodles...his favorite).
W: Broccoli Carrot Cheddar Soup & Rice Crispy Treats (dessert night)
Th: Egg Sandwiches with arugula, bacon - raw veggies and fruit on the side.  I also made s'mores bars for a school bake sale.
F: Pizza Night with homemade crust, pepperoni, mushrooms, cheese
Sa: Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser at my son's school

Su: My birthday celebration dinner at my in-law's.
M: Oriental Salad
T: Beans & Rice (we typically eat this once a week and throw whatever we have on top)
W: Tilapia Tacos (from How to Feed a Family) and Ice Cream (dessert night)
Th: My birthday dinner: Steak, Kale and Roasted Potatoes plus Tiramisu from Buca (my fave)
F: Heart-Shaped Pancakes for breakfast, Pizza Night: goat cheese, arugula, oil cured olives
Sa: Niece's Birthday Party
Su: Spaghetti & Meatballs
Floater: Lentils & Sausage (using some fancy lentils we brought home from Paris)

Breakfast usually consists of: steel-cut oatmeal, eggs and toast, cereal, muffins, pancakes, waffles (frozen from the weekend), granola and/or yogurt.

I also pack a lunch each day for both kids.  My daughter's school requires her to have a grain, protein, fruit, and vegetable (or two fruits, two veggies).  Lunch usually consists of some combination of: pb & jelly, cheese & crackers, hummus, guacamole, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, frozen mango, yogurt with honey or jelly on top, yogurt with granola, homemade muffin.  My husband takes leftovers for lunch and I make whatever I can find in the fridge for me.

I bought stuff to make homemade tortillas, english muffins, blueberry muffins, sweet potato muffins and smoothies, too.

And one last note... check out this cake my mother-in-law picked out for my birthday.  It's an ice cream cake from Sebastian Joe's.  The flavor is Nicollet Avenue Pot Hole: Chocolate ice cream w/ fudge, truffles, heath bar & sea salt.  Amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment