Black Bean, Avocado, Goat Cheese Tacos
Adapted from Naturally Ella
Serves 4 (2 tacos each)
1 tablespoon cumin
1 pinch dried pepper flakes
1-2 cans black beans, with some liquids (if you use 2 cans, you might want to add more cumin)
8 oz goat cheese
8 corn tortillas
Suggested additional toppings: sour cream, salsa, radish, Cholula
- Heat beans over medium-low heat. Add cumin and red pepper flakes. Taste and season with salt as needed (if you use canned beans, go easy on the salt or skip it - canned beans are higher in sodium).
- Slice avocado and prepare toppings.
- If you have a gas stove, turn one burner on medium-low heat, place the corn tortilla on the burner grate and cook for about a minute on each side until warmed (some black spots are good, but watch them carefully!). If you don't have a gas stove, you could warm them in a skillet over medium heat (cast iron works great). You can skip this step and warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave but I warn you the tacos won't be as tasty!
- To assemble tacos, place a small scoop of black beans in the center of the tortilla, layer avocado and goat cheese on top. Add additional toppings to taste.
- Serve with a side of fruit. Enjoy!